Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

rational

Just an update to yesterday afternoon's rant:

Strangely enough, the person who calmed me down after everything was my dad. I guess it's not really that strange since he is probably the most rational person I know. It was just the first time that worked in my favor. Usually, he's being rational and arguing with me about something crazy I want to do that he thinks I shouldn't. I think most of the arguments, though, result from us being incredibly alike.

But anyway, after that and some internet research, I changed my appointment to a day when I can see Dr. Smith and realized that having to wait six more weeks to see the doctor I want to see really isn't a big deal in this situation.

In other news, I have definitely decided that career/location switch is in order ASAP, which will be mid-April. I'm not stupid or naive enough to quit a job before I have a new one, nor do I even want to do that, but while I love to write (obviously--do you see how often I blog, just about nothing?) and I want to keep writing, the hard news stuff just isn't for me. But that was the whole point of this job--to get started and to see where I fit into this field. Now I have an idea of the direction I want to take from here.

More about that later. It's Friday afternoon... it's the freakin' weekend baby I'm about to have me some fun!

No comments: