Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Empowered by Vietnam

Let me start off by saying that Vietnamese coffee (and food) may be the best I've ever had. Seriously. Yum. I write this as I sit in one of the many coffee shops in Ho Chi Minh City.

Second, I can say with confidence that this has been the best trip of my life so far for many reasons. Not the least of which is that I did it by myself. That made for a few lonely moments, and going to the bar (which I only did once) wasn't nearly as much fun, but proving to myself that I could travel to the most different country I've ever been to on my own and survive was so worth it. Not to mention having complete freedom and control on your vacation is no small thing.

This is why I wanted to come to Asia in the first place - all the things I've seen and done here are what drew me back in the very beginning, three years ago. For awhile, I thought I would never realize that dream, and now I've started to. And there's so much more to see. Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia... I've already booked trips to Japan and China. I know I won't get to see every place I want to go, at least not this year -reality calls - but now I feel like I've reaffirmed how important it is to do as much as I can while I'm already over here.

Tonight, I leave for the land of the morning calm (korea). I need to remember to take more advantage of that country also. This post was more of a feeling-oriented, sense of empowerment update. I'll write a longer one after I get back telling about this trip and what I actually did. Much more exciting. :)

No comments: