Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

My 1st blog in at least 3 years

I'm going to make this one short; I just wanted to get started. I have the day off today, and I have a bunch of recorded shows to watch, so I'm anxious to start the couch potato time. I'll get deep (probably way too deep) later.

I used to have a xanga, and I blogged ALLLLL the time. Friends would tell me it was their entertainment, like a soap opera (I was 18-20 during this time and very dramatic). I stopped doing it because I started to think I was censoring myself in a way because I was always writing for an audience. But after awhile, I stopped journaling altogether and eventually stopped writing, which is something I think I need. Of course, I was a little burned out because of school (I have an English degree), but I've missed it.

I think I've realized that it doesn't really matter if all of my journals or blogs have some kind of audience in mind. I find it very difficult to write without one. If writing is communication and/or expression, I need someone to communicate with or express myself to. I'm in my own head all the time; I don't need to write to myself.

That said, it doesn't matter if no one reads this. I just need to feel that someone could and would understand what I'm writing.

That's all for now. More to come soon.

No comments: