Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

self discovery

People say that time goes by super fast in Korea. I'm still waiting to experience that. I mean, the weeks individually go by pretty fast, it's true. And work doesn't seem as bad when I'm actually there as it does when I'm away from work and thinking about it. It's just that it feels like I've been here for a LIFETIME, and I've only been here 7 weeks. It feels like there's no end in sight (even though logically I know there really is). And I know the time will go by fast, I just have to stop thinking about it ALL the time.

It makes me a little sad that I'm so anxious for the time to go by. But I'm over just enjoying the experience (although I really am trying!). I definitely have this whole living overseas thing out of my system. For real. I'm glad I did it. I wouldn't want to live my whole life and never know what would've happened. But when I get back to Texas, I'm only leaving it to go on vacation. And I won't even do that for awhile.

The positive is that I do finally feel like I'm starting to find myself again. I finally feel like I know what I want, and that I know where my home is, and I can just be comfortable there and not always wishing I was out discovering new places.

So, self-discovery, I'm here. But now that I'm here, can I please just go home? Now?

I know later, when this is over, I'll be glad I stuck it out and that I had the experience. I know it will make me a stronger person, and I need to be a stronger person. I need to learn to chill out and just let time take its course.

Thank God for Skype. And Surf the Channel.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

On a totally different note, I think I'm going to go to Seoul for a long Saturday after my December paycheck. That's something to look forward to. Besides my parents coming. Thinking about them being here is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will you come visit me when your in Seoul in December? You can stay with me if you'd like!