Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

behaving like a normal person

I'm really only writing today in order to keep up with Project 365. I am tired.

I'm excited because someone is coming to see me. She will be the second person to see my apartment. The first was my mom.

Well, my itunes addiction is alive and well. I have bought something like 4 albums in 4 days. Plus episodes of Entourage. Oh, well. As long as I can pay my bills, who cares how I spend my money, right? It's not like I'm buying drugs (although it is, in a way). The interesting thing about is that if I look back at my various music buying binges over the years, they tend to happen when I'm stressed out or displacing some kind of strong emotion. The thing now is that I don't really feel that stressed. If I am, I don't know what over. I'm trying really hard at my job, but it's all going well and I like the people I work with. I've recently achieved a lifestyle change in which I make healthy (but delicious!) meals at home rather than getting take-out. And I've exercised regularly for 3 weeks consecutively now, which is probably the longest I've gone without falling off the wagon in slightly over a year and a half. It's not even hard to do. Maybe I've finally reached a place where I can behave like a normal person.

I'm a little stressed--no, concerned--about the aftermath of the date I went on last weekend. As in, I'm worried there won't be one. Worried is even a strong word, though, because I don't feel that I need anyone. I didn't even want to date anyone at all until I met this person and really liked him. So I like him and I'll be disappointed if nothing further happens, but it won't be the end of the world like it used to be. I'm not going to spend hours wondering what's wrong with me or why I seemed to miss the guy-attracting gene. I don't need it. Anything in that area would just be a bonus to my already happy life. And if it wouldn't be a positive addition, it just won't be one.

Ok. That's all for today.

No comments: